Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas!

For Christmas this year we went down to Grandma Jody's and Grandpa Wayne's. All the cousins were there, so the children had lots of fun. 

On Christmas Eve we made our own pizza's. The kids thought that was pretty great! (Thanks Katie and Joseph.)

After lunch Maes had a bit of an accident with his cousin. They were jumping up and down and smacked into each other. Maes bounced off and hit his mouth on the wood part of a chair. He ended up biting through his lip. The poor little guy was in a lot of pain for the rest of the day. I didn't manage to get a picture of his tongue that day, but I did get a picture of it the following day. I know it's gross, but it was already looking much better.


Christmas morning Jeff got up and stood guard at the stairs so little ones wouldn't sneak up without parents. Maes was the first up, but Jeff told him it wasn't morning yet, so he went back to sleep. Around 7 Gwendolyn got up and I went out to find Jeff still guarding the stairs and the kids mostly asleep. Maes and Nadia went up, but Jeff carried Finn up who was still mostly asleep. Uncle Joseph teased him that Santa had forgotten him. He just replied, "That's okay."

Everyone got presents that they loved. Finn and Nadia got 2DS's among other things. Maes got a hide and seek Panda, and the camera he asked for. Gwendolyn got a baby carriage and a baby. (They of course got a lot more than this, but I'm not going to mention all of it right now.) Jeff got things for his raspberry pie (a little computer) and the board game he really wanted. And I, got a DSLR camera! (Thank you so much, Jeff, Becky, and Tony.) I guess that means I need to be better about taking and posting pictures. 

I had fun playing with the camera (it takes way better pictures than my other camera).


Maes seemed to think I wanted to see his tongue every time I tried to take his picture for a while.

Annabeth was a little stinker and took quite a while to warm up to everyone. (But she loved me and wanted me just as much as her parents so that's okay.)


Model Gwendolyn.


Grandma with her baby girls.

Tired girl.




Sisters, Sisters.





Finn and Dad playing the board game GG and Bruno got Finn. (Thank you so much. The kids love it.)


Making gingerbread cookies.



Playing with Aunt Tory.


Gwendy loves chins.


And when we got home, they went straight for their video games.




2 comments:

carlee said...

I love the pictures except the tongue, poor kid! Thanks for updating!

Becky said...

I'm most surprised that Maes can still eat! It doesn't seem to bother him much. Those kids made a haul as usual - so glad they're so sweet they can't be spoiled!