Sunday, November 03, 2013

Playing with the Camera (And our first snow of the year!)

I know it's been quite a while since I last blogged, and I haven't been very good at it. Then again, I've been really bad at taking pictures too. Well I got the camera out Friday and we've been having fun playing with the different settings.

 Here is Finn at his schools Halloween parade. (Behind him is his best friend.) Finn didn't want to wear his elephant costume at school and insisted on being a Vampire. He then insisted on only wearing a cape (that was enough). I don't have a picture of Nadia from the parade because she ran by too fast for me to take one.

 Here is Gwendolyn at our Halloween party giving me her cheeser smile. In the back you can see Nadia. Unfortunately, that's really the only picture I got of her.

 The boys attacking their dad. Finn wore his elephant costume but wouldn't wear the hat or mask. And Maes for some reason wouldn't wear his hat and shoes.

 Gwendolyn and I.

 Jeff as "The Doctor".

 This is my friends daughter. My friend discovered all sorts of fun settings on my camera. This one was black and white (obviously).

 She then found a setting that you could choose a color for the camera to pick up.

 Pulling out the red of "The Doctor's" tie.

 Katie and Jack Jack aka Annabeth.

 My friend's family.

 Joseph, Katie, and Annabeth.


This morning we woke up to snow. So before church we messed around with the camera some more, and also took some time to play in the snow.

Gwendolyn's first encounter with snow. Nope she doesn't want to touch it.

 She really, really doesn't want to touch it. In fact, she doesn't want to be anywhere near it.

 Gwendolyn looking cute before church.

 Nadia, minus the glasses. As you can see her left eye is really turning in.

 My girls.

 Messing with the camera to pull out the red. It also grabbed the red in the cabinets and the orange of the pumpkins.

 I love how this picture of Gwendolyn turned out.

 Nadia playing in the snow. Again, just pulling out the red.

 Finn and Maes throwing snowballs at their dad. Once again, pulling out the red.

And I thought it would be cool to try the function on the red leaves on our little tree. It turned out kind of neat.

5 comments:

carlee said...

Cool camera features! Melissa, your kids are so adorable! Glad I could see those cute pics!

Becky said...

Love all the pictures! We miss you all so much. Has Nadia lost her glasses??

Becky said...

Love all the pictures! We miss you all so much. Has Nadia lost her glasses??

Traci said...

I had to keep looking at that first picture of Finn. I honestly couldn't tell if it was Finn or an old picture of Jeff. Wow! And yeah for Finn wearing pants! (as in long pants as opposed to shorts)

Melissa said...

Nadia still has her glasses. They are broken though. We usually just glue them and have her wear them anyway. I'm not sure why she wasn't wearing them in the pictures though.